If you’re Canadian or you’re merely interested in the Country, this post will give you some surprising facts about this nation that will keep you more absorbed. It’s the second largest land on the planet, so, how can’t you expect great things from it? Unique landscapes, great architecture, culture, and much more.
Canada, without any doubt, is one of the most magical places in the world. Maybe after you read the following facts, you decide to meet this state in summer.
- The lowest temperature record of Canada is as cold as Mars. Can you believe it? For nobody is a secret that in winter the temperature can get pretty cold. In 1947 in a small village, the temperature was -63C, that’s almost the same climate as the Mars surface.
- Besides from being the second largest country in the world, Canada has the longest coastline. If you want to walk it through, it would take you minimum 4 years (without sleeping).
- Fan of Macaroni and Cheese? Canada is your place. They consume this plate more than any other country in the world.
- In 1982 Canada was officially an independent country.
- Basketball was invented by a Canadian. Amazing, right?
- One of the things that you need to enjoy during your stay in Canada, is its lakes. You have 2 million different lakes to choose from. This amount is more than the rest of the lakes around the world combined.
- Many of the national parks you might visit in Canada, are bigger than countries. For example, the park in Wood Buffalo, is more extensive than Switzerland.
- Donuts addict? Well, you can be relaxed by knowing that in Canada are more donuts shops per capita than any other part of the world.
- If you go to Canada, you’ll be in the most educated country in the world. The majority of its residents has college degrees.
- In the Northwest of Canada, the license plates are in the shape of a polar bear.
- Every year in Christmas, at least one million of letters are sent to Santa Claus. Yes, it has its own postal code: “Hoh, Hoh, North Pole”
- Besides the lakes and the coastline, Canada also has the longest street in the world. The Yonge Street has 1896 Km.
- The border between Canada and U.S, is the longest one and lacks military defense.
- Canada means Village.
- Parts of Canada posses less gravity than the rest of the planet. This astonishing fact was discovered in the 60’.
- If you’re a great citizen in Canada, you may receive a positive ticket from the police. They award people when they see they’re doing something helpful.
- After Arabia Saudi and Venezuela, Canada is the third one country with the largest reserve of oil.
- In Tokyo’s metropolitan area are more people than Canada.
- Canada has a rat-free province over 50 years. If you’re afraid of rates, you should go to Alberta.
- Maple syrup is famous all over the globe. Canada has a reserve to ensure the global supply in case of an emergency.
What do you think about these facts? There are so many more! Maybe we should do the second part, agree?